Summer will not be complete without throwing or attending a backyard patio party. The formula for a memorable patio party is having a fun and great company and a perfect weather but of course the weather is beyond any man’s control but the mood of the people attending the patio party depends on the hosts concept of the party.
You can throw a patio party or help a friend in making a successful summer patio party by following some simple tips and it does not have to be expensive.
1. Set up a mini bar and buffet table – Summer party does not need to be an uptight party especially if it is a patio party and mini bar and buffet table will be the perfect set up. It gives a warm, welcoming and gives casual vibe to the guests. You can serve finger foods and of course barbeque and it does not require fancy plates and cutlery, you can put paper plates, plastic cups and plastic forks in a table. For the drinks, you can make punch like Sake Sangria or serve drinks in a pitcher. Mini bar and buffet also means self service so you don’t have to be focusing all your time in serving your guests.
2. Cheap wooden chairs like the Bollo Chair – Summer patio party is celebrating the laid back life of the outdoor and using wooden chairs add extra touch to the theme. You can use benches and if you require additional chairs then you can buy the bollo chairs which usually just costs $20 in IKEA stores and best of all it is foldable so you can stack it for future use. It is durable for it is made of Acacia tree and less expensive than the metal folding chairs and also looks beautiful as well.
3. Candlelight – If you patio party is scheduled on night time then a flickering candle will add some romantic flavor to the theme. Candles are also ec0-friendly and uplifts the mood of the guests. You can put it in metallic lanterns and use the bees-wax based candles.
4. Lanterns – Lanterns gives a glow that calms the mood of the hosts. It can be hang or attached and it does not matter whether it is made of paper, cloth or glass, it adds extra space to the venue and create a quaint ambiance.
5. Games – A summer party is not complete without games and it is also a good way to introduce guests who does not know each other or just getting acquainted for the first time. Fun games can also start a fun conversation with your guests.
Summer party does not need to be expensive and too formal. The important thing is to set up a casual mode to the party and most of summer parties are impromptu so follow the tips and you are ready to have a memorable and fun filled patio and backyard party.